- Create an alias
Goto Firewall > Aliases
Add a new alias
Name – LocalResolver (anything will do)
Type – Host(s)
Now in Host(s) add IP 127.0.0.1 so it always uses the local DNS resolver
- Change the route
Goto Firewall > NAT
Add a Port Forward ( the first tab )
Destination: select DNS
Redirect Target IP: LocalResolver ( or the name you gave to the alias )
Redirect port – DNS (53)
- Apply the changes
- Test using nslookup
steve@goat ~/Videos/Dance/Salsa $ nslookup www.bbc.co.uk 126.96.36.199 Server: 188.8.131.52 Address: 184.108.40.206#53 Name: www.bbc.co.uk Address: 220.127.116.11 steve@goat ~/Videos/Dance/Salsa $ nslookup www.bbc.co.uk Server: 127.0.1.1 Address: 127.0.1.1#53 Non-authoritative answer: Name: www.bbc.co.uk Address: 18.104.22.168
So you can see that there is no difference between the local resolver (which uses a Smart DNS lookup) and 22.214.171.124
Switch to using the nvidia driver in the driver control
sudo nvidia-xconfig sudo vi /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Make the screen section look like:
Option “RegistryDwords” “EnableBrightnessControl=1”
sudo reboot now
Out with the boys in great weather with possibly the best powder I’ve ever experienced. Deep, soft and forgiving. Cracking stuff.
Places to visit
|Wohnen Möbele & Design
- Some Sausage skin – brauundrauchshop.ch
- Something from pi-shop.ch
The building work starts on Monday so it’s going to be a busy weekend getting ready.
So, the IPA really is quite bitter, next time I think a bit less at the start of the boil and I want to try dry hoping. Still, it has a good colour, the head is about right and is fairly clear. All in all I am happy with it.
Brewed an IPA style beer. The aim was to be quite bitter and using simcoe so should smell grapefuity.
I changed the technique somewhat. Presoaked the Irish Moss and cooled the beer in the boiler with the Irish Moss and hops still present. I read somewhere that the clarifying effect happens during the cooling phase. Firt impresions are that it was clearing better. However, filtering out the hops was problematic as the filter kept clogging.
The fermentation started very quickly with the new yeast and is very active this morning.
Plato roughly 12, but hard to read with the foamy head.
Pretty easy to install and setup. I went for the single database with multiple installs option.